Canada is a great place to study abroad. You get the entire world at your fingertips, but you also have the option to immerse yourself in an amazing culture that’s unlike anything else on earth. And while school for boys in Canada has plenty of boarding schools for girls, there are only a handful of schools that offer boarding opportunities for boys. But if you’re looking for the best school in Canada for boys, this list will inspire you!
St. Michael’s College School
St. Michael’s College School is a Catholic, independent school for boys in grades 7–12 located in Toronto, Ontario. The school has a long history of academic excellence and was founded by the Basilian Fathers in 1852.
- Ridley College is a private, independent, all-boys boarding school in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
- Ridley College is a member of the International Round Square Organization and has been recognized as one of Canada’s best schools for boys by Maclean’s Magazine and The Globe and Mail. Ridley College offers an excellent academic programme with small class sizes at both the senior school (grades 9–12) and pre-university school (grades 6–8).
- Ridley also boasts excellent facilities, including the Schulich Athletic Centre with two gyms; our state-of-the-art computer lab; an Olympic-size pool; a fully equipped fitness center; and many other sports and recreation facilities, including squash courts, soccer fields, and baseball diamonds for each house team at both levels.
- The tradition of excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts continues today at one of Canada’s leading independent schools for boys from kindergarten through grade 12 in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Trinity College School
- Trinity College School is a private boarding school for boys in Canada, located in Port Hope, Ontario. It was founded by the Church of England in 1851 as Trinity Grammar School and renamed Trinity College School in 1882. The school has an enrolment of approximately 1300 students from Canada and abroad, spread across seven houses (Grange, Harrington, Hume-Corry Hall [HCH], Kenyon Hall [KH], MacDonald House [MHC], Prebendal House [PH], and Southam Hall).
- Trinity College School offers athletic programmes including hockey, soccer, basketball, rugby union, volleyball, badminton, cross country running, golfing, and track & field events such as shot put.
The Hill Academy
The Hill Academy is a private day and boarding school for boys in grades 5–12. It was founded in 2001 by Andrew Miller and is located in St. George, Ontario. The Hill Academy has an enrollment of 200 students from across Canada, Europe, Asia, and the United States. “The school offers an intensive academic programme that includes core studies, including math, science, and English, as well as electives such as music theory and guitar lessons.”
St. Andrew’s College
- St. Andrew’s College is located in Aurora, Ontario.
- The school has a rich history and tradition.
- It offers a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities.
The academic programme is excellent.
Shawnigan Lake School
Shawnigan Lake School is a co-educational boarding school in Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, Canada. It was founded in 1913 by the Anglican Church of Canada and still maintains strong ties with the church today. The school has an enrollment of roughly 600 full-time students from grades 6 through 12, representing more than 30 countries around the globe. As one of only two international schools in Victoria County (the other being St. Michael’s University School), Shawnigan Lake School offers an academic programme that encourages critical thinking and independent learning.
Appleby College is a coeducational independent school located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1874 by John Carling and is a member of the Canadian Association of Independent Schools.
Ashbury College is a private school for boys in grades 7–12 located in Ottawa, Ontario. The school has a boarding programme for students in grades 11 and 12. The curriculum at Ashbury focuses on the humanities, sciences, and athletics.
In summary, Canada is a country that offers excellent education opportunities. There are many schools for boys in Canada. These schools can help students achieve their goals by providing them with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We hope you’ve found this article helpful!