Policies and Guidelines for Bloggers
- Invitations to sign up for Cover Reveals, Book Blitzes and Book Tours will be sent via email to all bloggers who have signed up with us.
- Bloggers can also sign up for individual tours via the site.
- Bloggers can also join our Blast List. By doing so, they will be automatically signed up to join all future Cover Reveals and Book Blitzes, but NOT Book Tours. You will still need to manually sign up to join any Book Tour you are interested in.
- Once you have signed up for a tour, the media kit and other promotional materials will be sent to tour hosts 3 to 7 days before the start of the tour, as the case may be.
- You can use the pre-made HTML post included in the media kit for your convenience. However, this is not required, as we do not wish to curtail your creative freedom. We do require that you include all the materials that are sent to you in your post.
- In each tour, we encourage you to promote each participating blog’s post via social media.
- Once you have signed up for a tour, you are required to participate and post the relevant content on the assigned day. If you have signed up for our Blast List, you will be required to participate in all Cover Reveals and Book Blitzes.
- If, for whatever reason, you cannot post on your assigned date, please contact us immediately to reschedule. If you need to back out of the tour, please contact us immediately and state your reasons.
- If you miss posting on your assigned day, please post within 24 hours of our reminder email.
- If you miss posting three times without contacting Book Unleashed, your account will be suspended and you will not be eligible for the monthly raffle.
- If you are part of our Blast List and are unable to post on the day of the Cover Reveal or Book Blitz, please contact us immediately and we will remove you from the list for that particular event. Failure to contact us could result in permanently being taken off the Blast List.
- The tour schedule will be sent to those selected for the tour once it is finalized.
- If you are scheduled for an interview or guest post, please provide your questions or topic within 5 days of receiving the tour schedule.
- Remember to post on your assigned day.
- Post must be the TOP POST of your assigned day.
- Post must be up by 9am EST on your assigned day. Please promote on your Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels to your followers and friends.
- Posts that are up on or before 9am EST on the assigned day will be cross promoted on our social media channels.
- If you signed up for and is selected for a review stop, you will be requested to submit a review of the book. The review copy will be sent to you 2 to 3 weeks (or earlier) before the tour starts.
- Reviews should be honest and constructive. No author bashing allowed.
- We require that you post the review on your blog, and at least 2 of the following sites: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, and other online retailers, wherever you have an account. Exception to this is point #4 below.
- Because these are promotional tours, please refrain from posting the negative review or reviews with less than 3 stars until after the tour is completed. Also, please contact us and we will send you a promo post that you can use during your assigned day.
- All review copies provided to you should not be shared, copied, altered in any way or sold. It is sent to you solely for you to read and review. Once you’re done with the book, please delete the copy from your email, hard disk and device. Anyone who is caught mishandling review copies, i.e. illegal distribution, sale, etc will be removed and blacklisted from touring with Book Unleashed. We will notify the author and other companies as well.
- If a giveaway is provided for your blog only, it is your responsibility to set up the contest, pick the winner and send the winner’s details to Book Unleashed.
- If the giveaway is tour-wide, all blogs may participate in this activity. We will provide you with the corresponding code to include in your post. For example, if a giveaway is to be raffled off via Rafflecopter, we will provide you with the corresponding Rafflecopter code for your post.